Hostel: “1957 Spartan Imperial Mansion (THE SANDS)”
Meet Sandy. Raised on the open plains of Oklahoma, she is a Midwestern girl through and through. Due to her large stature, growing up she didn’t get to travel much and, like most Midwest beauts, she dreamed of California. Palm Springs to be exact. Laughing it up with the likes of Marilyn, Frank and Dean, sloshing down Mai Tais and working on her copper tan. Like all starlets-to-be, one day she reached her end, proclaimed “I’m a big girl with long lines and its time the world gets to love me!”, left the ranch and hit the road. With a happy heart and big dreams she crossed the country and took in all the sights, sounds and smells it had to offer. But, while crossing New Mexico, she fell in love. Enchanted, she made camp, and here the Spirit of Taos spoke to her. She knew she was entrapped. Life is about choices and sometimes it throws you an unexpected curve you never saw coming. As a gesture of kindness the guys brought a taste of Palm Springs to this fun-loving lady. Southern Cali meets the mountain life – maybe you can have it all! No, she never made it to that west coast party; she simply became the party and now the world comes to her. So come alone, come with friends, but come ready for a good time and let Sandy show you the way! Until you stay the night with her though she insists on being referred to as The Sands. A girl’s gotta have her standards 😉 Thank you to our guests Bridget (@bridgetrburnett) and Kelsey (@poppyandco_)for contributing to Sandy’s photo gallery!
Features & Amenities
- All trailers have AC and heating units inside so you remain comfortable no matter what the weather brings.
- 8 twin sized bunks
- Queen sized convertible bed
- Fine quality linens and sheets (the mesa is rugged, but you don’t need to be!)
- Half bath (Shower house is directly next door)
- Bath amenities courtesy of local company Blue Feather soap
- Living area to enjoy each other’s company or revel in stunning views of El Salto and Taos Mountain (Also converts into queen sized bed)
- Outdoor deck and patio area (NM sunset and mountain views included)
- Outdoor fire pit (wood available for purchase, light and unwind)
- Pocket door slides closed to give the bedroom privacy
- Mini Fridge, cooktop and plenty of counter space (Because we’re a fan of omelets and mixed drinks)
- Silverware and dishes (of course a corkscrew)
- French press and 3 ounces of coffee